2010: Wasted potential
( Read more... )
The one with the first lines of your entries:
( Read more... )
To sum up the year: certainly more interesting than the last and I... partied a lot, apparently.
It does change my view of what I did this year, strangely.
And a fic meme, for the road... damn, I only wrote exchange fic this year:
( Read more... )
Day 2: What themes or patterns do you write?
Since I write silly fluff most of the time, I have no idea at all. I guess... people finding out stuff and coming to terms with it, but that's such a broad idea. I like is seeing characters thrown off their balance and then, seeing them achieve a different kind of balance.
Hm. The other pattern, I think, would be 'unlikely friends'. Or rather, people that you never thought worked well together!
Day 1: What are you responding to or inspired by when you write fanfic?✔
Day 2: What themes or patterns do you write?✔
Day 3: What character archetypes do you enjoy (or hate) writing?
Day 4: Do you feel you have a writing style?
Day 5: When do you write what kinds of fanfics?
Day 6: How do you interact with readers' responses (or lack thereof)?
Day 7: Once it's posted, how do you interact with your story?
+ Regarding this awfully ridiculous chart, have first a fixed version that salinea linked to and then a meme I stole from countlessuntruths:
GIVE ME A CHARACTER WHO IDENTIFIES AS FEMALE. Then I will write you the reasons why the lady is awesomer than awesome. It might be my squealing, it might be a drabble, it might be five reasons. The point is, I will gush about a female character, then YOU can gush about said female character and we will all be a little bit happier because 'FUCK YEAH, SHE'S AWESOME'.
+ Also: Yuletide fandom nominations are open! Yuletide is a small fandoms exchange and there are tons of dorama and manga fandoms nominated so go check it out!
I nominated Natsuniji and Mafalda, so, flist, you're my only hope!
+ ... I should stop doing exchanges.
+ Yes, I signed up for JE Hols. I have a masochistic streak a mile wide.
+ TOKIO's latest PV: best thing ever. LOL TOMA.
Top five Latinamerican Writers, with one caveat - I don't read much Latinamerican literature:
1. Silvina Ocampo: codename Fierce Bitch. I love her! She's weird and her stories can be deeply cruel and upsetting, but... her weirdness appeals a lot to me, specially since it's based on the most boring, normal things ever - birthdays parties going awfully wrong, dresses eating people and beloved pets dying. If you ever find any of her books, BUY THEM. She's way less known than she deserves.
2. Jorge Luis Borges; yes, he was a bastard but we share obsessions. Few writers write so clearly and yet so prettily.
And his worlds are my favourite worlds. They're completely unreal and kinda antiseptic but hey, that's why I love him. He writes pretty puzzles. I like those.
3. María Elena Walsh: Best children's writer ever? Best children's writer ever. She's EXTREMELY well-known in Argentina, because besides her books, there are songs - tons of songs. Like the one about a travelling turtle and of course, the one in which a classic children nursery is turned epically bleak by turning the main character into a widow. Or The Castles, which starts like this: 'The castles are now all alone, no princess, no knight. Alone beside a river, dressed in moss and silence'. DEAR LORD.
Leaving aside her occasional detours into bleakness, her books are fun and whimsical.
4. Horacio Quiroga: he wrote 'Tales of the Jungle', a great children book about flamingos wearing snakes as socks and little does getting stung in the eye. He tended to be a little on the gory, melodramatic side but he did it well.
Unlike Ocampo or Borges, his language is sparse and direct.
5. Mario Benedetti: his tales about medium class people leading bittersweet lives and everyday tragedies are understated and sometimes cliched, but they're awesome.
No opinion on his poetry.
→ why I decided to play this character.
→ my favorite moment in canon for this character.
→ my favorite piece of headcanon for this character.
→ something about this character which makes me laugh.
→ something about this character which makes me cry.
→ a different character I think I would get along well with this character.
Since I don't have pretty lists of my muses:
- Yuukari Hayasaka mariposazul
- Sokka pimpmybumeran
- The Doctor tonguemaniac/notbigondignity
- Luna Lovegood rabanitoslover
- Alfredo Linguini chezingerzeta
- Prince John stillnotking
- Drosselmeyer awriterdidit
- Nobuko Ishihara chichipowa
- Chiaki Shinichi unfairydirector
- Rin Kaga unhyperbunny
- Dropped/upcoming: Mei Ling Li laprometidareal; Mushu debolsillo, Dick Grayson, Tulio Triviño, Pleackey.
Ask me my Top Five Whatevers. Fannish or literary or otherwise. Any top fives. Doesn't matter what, really! Fandoms, ice cream flavours, cartoon moments, women in my fandoms, OTPs, ideal holiday destinations, goals for the future, celebrity crushes, books I wish would be made into movies, love songs. And I will answer them all in a new post (or in comments). Possibly with pictures.
However, it's the most uncompromising meme ever. Loves to lead and to be led.?
♀ Pick your birth month.
♀ Strike out anything that doesn't apply to you.
♀ Bold the five-ten that best apply to you.
♀ Copy to your own journal, with all twelve months under a lj-cut.
♀ Tag 5 people from your friends list.
( All the months! )
Need to catch up with fandom.
Remix Redux archive open. My fic got as much recognition as I knew it would - ie., very little.
I got an awesometastic remix: spoken word (the applied linguistics meme), It's a remix of some old Grindeldore drabbles of mine.
I was beaten to answer this meme in my flist, but here it is:
- Today, in the bus back home, the most annoying, infuriating thing happened. Apparently, some lady hadn't paid a full ticket, so the driver stopped the bus and made us wait until she got off. Which was infuriating but you know what's the kicker? I'm not even sure she still was on the bus. And then, since he was running late, he decided to skip a few stops including mine.
Asshole. And all for 80 cents.
- I HAVE AN USA VISA NOW. The America is Awesome commercial they kept looping annoyed me, though.
So, the Empire awaits!
- A reply for an old meme:
( Arashi in gifs, songs, suns, Argentina and Yukari! )ys rained.
2) Ask your f-list to post questions in the comments.
'One, Nine, Eleven and Fifteen are chosen by a prophecy to save the world from Four. Do they succeed?'
'Under what circumstances might Five and Seven fall in love?'
'Which character on the list would you most want on your side in a zombie invasion?'
'What would Two experience in Silent Hill?'
'What Pokémon would Eight have?'
'Write a drabble in which Two and Twelve FIGHT CRIME.'
3) After your f-list has asked enough questions, round them up and answer them using the fifteen characters you selected beforehand, then post them.
COME ON, PEOPLE
1. Comment to this post with "I surrender!" and I'll assign you the basis of some TV show idea. (Science fiction show, medical drama, criminal procedure, etc...)
2. Create a cast of characters, including the actors who'd play them
3. Add in any actor photos, character bios and show synopsis that you want.
4. Post to your own journal.
Notes: so much fun doing this. The cast part was awesome, mostly because I got to play the part of WTH Casting Agency. Luis Luque as a sleek book thief, that's all I say.
And then I imagined the fandom.
In an alternate world, books are the most essential commodity. Why is this so, and who are the brave (or not so brave) folks in the book trade? (Original idea by morganize)
26 episodes-long science fiction series. Argentina and Japan co-production. Has actual production values, in a rare move for both countries. Locations include Tokyo, London, Buenos Aires and Paris..
Perros de presa (Hunting dogs, I guess)
An alternate Earth. Technology advanced at a much higher rate than on our world and, therefore, e-books were adopted way earlier, dooming books to an early death. However, an unexplained disaster has created a post-apocalyptic world which is just barely recovering itself. Among the consequences, knowledge stored in electronic devices has been lost and the few paper copies left are among the most prized objects, second only to fuel.
There are two distinct book trades, with different contexts and aims.
One works for the rich and wealthy with access to technology. They're e-book archaeologists, trying to figure out such arcane stuff as 'format' and 'Oh My God, that em dash killed the work of seven years'. Most of them are scientists and like to be called Tinkers.
The other trade is more underground and is linked with the remnants of governments, the last organized religions and with the omnipresent revolutionary groups. They deal with the famed paper copies and their trade is way more dangerous. They call themselves Libreros, but most people call them Chantas. Most of them come from cultural backwaters where technology wasn't as developed.
The series chronicles the exploits of several of these as their paths cross.
Violeta is a young, promising Librera. Sumire is an agent working for an e-book trade ring. Together, they fight crime. Or, rather, unveil old conspiracies!
( Arashi, ARgentinian people and pretty! )
1. Thomas Dolby - She blinded me with science
2. Todo x $2 - Popurrí histórico (think of it as a Saturday Night Live Song XD)
3. The Beatles - Please Please Me
4. Do as Infinity - Summer Days
5. Glay - Freeze my love
6. Shoji Meguro - Shadow (It's the PErsona 3 Soundtrack)
7. Edith Piaf - Si Tu n'étais pas là
8. Miguel Rosé - Rozan, Rozan (LOL, another Todo X $2 song.)
9. Coti Sorokin - Olvidarla
10. Attaque 77 - Dame Fuego (This one is actually embarrasing. They're a punk group, a very ... GAH. But the song kicks ass, mostly because it's a cover.)
11. Malice Mizer - Transylvania
12. Gilda - No Me Arrepiento de Este Amor (Cumbia, nena.)
13. Taguchi Junnosuke - Samurai Love Attack
14. Bice - moody ark (moar soundtracks, this time Kimi wa Petto)
15. Daft Punk - Technologic
16. Joan Jett - I love rock and roll
17. Perfume - Chocolate Disco
18. Pirates of the Caribbean OST - To the pirate's cave
19. María Elena Walsh - Tralala de Noche Buena (Christmas Carol for kids)
20. Paulina Rubio - Y Yo Sigo Aquí (Damn, that one embarrasses me as well. I... just like her, okay?)
21. Yoko Kanno - Tell Me What The Rain Knows (... Wolf's Rain soundtrack)
22. Sukhwinder Singh & Sapna Awasthi - Chaiyya Chaiyya
23. Coti Sorokin & Andrés Calamaro - Nada de esto fue un error
24. KAT-TUN - Neiro
25. Miranda! - Vuelve a ti
So yes, I like soundtracks. A lot.
I adore how my winamp skipped Arashi.
And therefore, bullet points!
- First and out of a cut: some of you might know I'm a tag wrangler for the Archive of Our Own. Some of you might not even what the Archive is (a fanfiction archive with some very cool features! Like freeform tags and tag
droneswranglers that make it so that Matsukame = Matsujun/Kame = Matsumoto Jun/Kamenashi Kazuya = Kamenashi Kazuya/Matsumoto Jun), easy importing and more!). Since I'm the JE resident wrangler and I've prepopulated the whole fandom - meaning that many tags are already in the Archive -, I'd love you to check it out! And then break it and my tags. :P
- I cut my hair! And also, Spanish entries are now filtered to people I know speak Spanish.
- Also, for the USA people, what's one to do in San Francisco and Los Angeles? I'm going in March and wanted some natives' opinion.
- ( Holidays! )
- ( MY JE LIFE )
- ( real life )
Oh, no, I forgot laurus_nobilis's meme!
Leave a comment saying, "READ HARD" and I will give you five things I associate with you. Then post about what they mean to you, along with this, at your journal.
( Arashi, ABBA, literature, feminism and Parakiss )
Please copy the topics below, erase my answers and put yours in their place, and then post it in your journal! Please elaborate on the questions that would benefit from elaboration. One-Word-Answers seldom help anyone out.
( Read more... )
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. You must write that song name down no matter how silly it makes you look.
4. Title this email/meme with what the answer to the last question is.
5. Good luck and have fun!
( Read more... )
I mean, I do like to roleplay relationships but by that I mean all kinds, not just couples.
Your result for Roleplayer Test!...
The Soap Opera Star
Plotful, Character-Oriented, Sexual
You're the Soap Opera Star, the center of a massive web of characters -- and more importantly, character relationships. You roleplay mainly for character dynamics, and romantic character dynamics at that: if you didn't start playing with a ship in mind, you're definitely shipping now that you're playing. But it's not random relationships that appeal to you. You like your plots! It's just that most or all of them are personal in nature and revolve around either getting characters together or developing relationships once they've formed. But if given a plot like that, you're a determined, reliable RP partner. However, of all roleplayers, you're likely to be the ones most emotionally attached to your character and to fall in RP-love with the players of your ships.